We focus on:
- Meteorological services for both private and public sectors.
- Meteorological services for the Civil Aviation Authorities.
- Meteorological services for military purposes.
- Meteorological and climatological observations in Norway, its adjacent seas and the polar areas.
- Research and development for both private and public sectors.
- Climate research.
- Advocating the use of open source data.
- Contribute to, and advocate for the international meteorological cooperation. Norway is a member of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF), and the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT). The institute is actively involved in the work of these organisations.
MET Norway is situated in Oslo, Bergen and Tromsø